Follow this blog

Saturday 15 December 2012

The letter Q

Hello again!

 Well, I decided to post something about letter Q. Despite it is not used so many times, I would like to talk about it, because it's usually used in Question Words. So get started!



 In my post "Abecedario", I taught you that this letter is ALWAYS used with "u", and is always followed by "e" or "i". It's important to remember this, because you will never find words like "qua" or "quo", at least in Spanish words.
  Another important thing, is the pronounciation of this letter. The letter alone, has no sound, it must be an "u" after "q", but you mustn't pronounce it. For example, when you write "queso" (Cheese), you don't pronounce  "kueso", you pronounce "keso". This is similar to letter "g", when you write "gue" or "gui". Although, with "q", we don't use "ü". This is only used with "g".

 Examples:

Que (What/That/Which)
Quien/Quienes (Who). Quien is singular, and quienes is plural.
Aquí (Here)
Aquel (That)
Aquellos (Those)
Queso (Cheese)
Quemar (To Burn)

 Well, I hope you understood the uses of "q". If you don't understand, ask me, and I'll answer as fast as possible.

 ¡Hasta luego! (See you later)

No comments:

Post a Comment